Training Image 1

Training Image 1

Sponsors

Sponsors

Monday, November 30, 2015

Here Comes the Snow

As we come into the end of November, the ski season switches over from Dryland training to actual on-hill skiing. Very exciting. I'll be heading up tomorrow for the first day of training for Slalom, preparing myself for the speed and excitement once again. With races coming thick and fast these next few weeks and at the beginning of next semester, I hope to achieve my long term goal of qualification for the Winter Olympics as soon as possible, which would help free up my schedule to focus on promoting winter sports throughout Malaysia.

In my time playing competitive sport, i've come across lots of sports that push the individual to be better, but none more so than ski racing. The sport has an individual facing off against the most bitter of conditions, while making decisions in a split second with apparent danger every second. On top of this, there is the element of competition where races are decided by tenths and hundredths of seconds. Competing against others and your own personal best results is an element that I find most challenging, knowing that the margin for error is incredibly small and passing by at such rapid speeds. It's a sport that heightens all senses, in the process allowing the athlete to find out more about what they are capable of.

I hope, that with the right work and direction, ski racing and the values that it promotes will reach a larger audience in Malaysia. A tough task certainly, but not one that I find to be out of reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment